Is your current NDIS Plan coming to an end?
If so, an NDIS representative will be in contact shortly to schedule an NDIS Plan Review. This will generally take place after your first 12 months in the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
A Plan Review is an opportunity for you:
- asses how effective your current supports are
- discuss how your NDIS goals are progressing
- explore other goals that may have peaked your interest
Just like when first transitioning to the National Disability Insurance Scheme, preparation is key. Below are some useful tips and advice to help you get ready for a plan review and make sure you get the best possible outcome.
The best place to start is by asking yourself the questions below:
You should be prepared to respond and answer each of these questions during the review, thinking about them early and even jotting down some notes can make sure you answer clearly and confidently.
- What has worked really well for you? Know what Supports are working for you and how this is helping you achieve your goals.
- What hasn’t worked for you? Did you need more funding in a Support Area? Were you able to access all the Supports you needed? Have your circumstances changed? Bring this to your NDIS Representative’s attention and discuss how the next NDIS Plan can be improved to assist you.
- Be prepared to justify your answers. This will prove beneficial when helping your NDIS Representative make an informed decision when allocating your funds.
- Goals are always changing, and it might be that yours may have changed. It is always good practice to make note of your goals throughout your time under the National Disability Insurance Scheme. Is there a new activity you were keen to try? Is there a new skill you would love to learn?
Be sure to bring along copies of any service agreements, reports or assessments from therapists or specialists you received during your current plan. These records can help shape your next plan.
If you think you may need some help getting ready for your NDIS Plan Review friends, family and your Local Area Coordinator (LAC) or Support Coordinator can all help you to prepare. MOIRA can also help by providing information about your Plan Managed budgets, expenses and remaining funds.
Good luck! And remember that if your circumstances change or you are unhappy with your NDIS plan you can request a plan review at any time by contacting your LAC or the NDIS directly.