Spiral assists individuals to identify and access a range of community activities and services based on an assessment of their individual needs. Services are provided to participants on a one-to-one basis in the community. This can be a vital service because understanding, navigating and coordinating other services and supports is sometimes very challenging.
What does Spiral provide?
- Assistance in accessing social and recreational activities
- Community orientation and mobility training
- Support with general issues and advocacy
- Assistance with medical support services
- Support with education/training and employment options
- Limited transport
Spiral can assist Supported Residential Services managers and staff by:
- liaising regarding support issues and needs,
- offering strategies and advice in managing challenging situations or behaviours, and
- providing education and resources on disabilities as required.
Who is eligible for Spiral?
Spiral provides support to adults (aged 18 to 64) with a disability living in registered Supported Residential Services in the cities of Glen Eira, Port Phillip and Stonnington.