MOIRA welcomes complaints.
We really want to hear what you have to say; whether it’s to tell us you are not happy with the service you are getting or how we can be better at what we do.
What is a complaint?
A complaint is when you have a problem with the services and/or supports you are getting and you want it fixed.
How do I make a complaint?
You can make a complaint in the best way that works for you
- Talk to a staff member you feel comfortable with
- Call the MOIRA office on 8552 2222
- Write to MOIRA at 928 Nepean Hwy, Hampton East Vic 3188
- Email MOIRA at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make an anonymous complaint by filling in “Have Your Say form” or “Complaints Form” on our website http://www.moira.org.au/contact
- Talk to anyone at MOIRA. All staff can take your details and forward to the relevant manager
Other places you can call or email about your complaint.
- Disability Services Commissioner on 1800 677 342 or www.odsc.vic.gov.au
- HSS Office on 1800 783 783 or http://www.HSS.vic.gov.au/about-the-department/documents-and-resources/reports-publications/making-a-complaint-to-the-department
- HACC website https://agedcarecomplaints.govspace.gov.au
- Heath Complaints Commissioner on 1300 582 113 or www.hcc.vic.gov.au
- Ombudsman Victoria on 9613 6222 or email@example.com
- Privacy Victoria on 1300 666 444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner on 1300 292 153 or complaints@email@example.com
- Commissioner for Children and Young People on 1300 782 978 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) at https://www.ndis.gov.au/about-us/contact-us.html or call 1800 800 110.
When you make a complaint we will
- Listen to you to understand what you are not happy about
- Give you information about why something has happened
- We will make every effort to help you in the best way possible and/or change the way services are provided to you
- Make sure nothing bad happens because you made a complaint
You can get help to make a complaint by
- Asking a friend
- Using an interpreter. An interpreter is someone who speaks in your language. Call 03 9280 1955
- HSS Language Service on 9280 1955 (24 hours seven days a week)
- Visit www.odsc.vic.gov.au or call Disability Services Commissioner on 1800 677 342
Your complaint will be private and confidential. This means we will keep your details safe.